Organizations in India with SD-WAN in their organization saving USD 1.15 million on MPLS and networking costs over 12 months
A new global research report by Barracuda Networks, “Security, Connectivity, and Control: The Challenges and Opportunities of SD-WAN” surveyed IT leaders and networking and security professionals to learn how widespread SD-WAN deployments are, how organizations are deploying them, and what benefits and challenges they’re seeing.
Overall, the study indicates that SD-WAN deployments are increasing to address networking challenges resulting from the explosive growth of WAN traffic due to high demand for cloud applications and services. Security remains a top concern for an overwhelming majority of IT leaders as they consider upgrading to an SD-WAN solution. Highlights include:
Networking challenges are common with current WAN setups.
- Top three challenges in India are performance between locations (64%), rapid network expansion (60%), and complexity (55%).
SD-WAN deployments are on the rise.
- In India one-third (37%) have already deployed SD-WAN in most of their sites, and 40% are in the process of doing so or will in the next year.
- 78% of IT leaders in India said they experienced increased network security since deploying SD-WAN
Security is a top priority when choosing an SD-WAN solution.
- Over three quarters (78%) of respondents in India agree that they don’t need to invest in any other security as their SD-WAN solution contains everything required
SD-WAN offers improved security and lower costs.
- Organizations in India with SD-WAN in their organization or in their sights estimate a saving of USD 1.15 million on MPLS and networking costs over 12 months, as a result of implementing SD-WAN
“These findings show that as IT professionals increasingly turn to SD-WAN to address their networking challenges, they’re looking for solutions that provide security, simplicity, and cost savings,” said Klaus Gheri, VP, Network Security, Barracuda. “Barracuda meets those needs by offering a single solution combining advanced security and SD-WAN.”
With secure SD-WAN and advanced security, Barracuda CloudGen Firewalls are an all-in-one solution that can be deployed on-premises as a physical or virtual appliance or in the cloud, redefining the role of a firewall and helping customers optimize distributed networks.